20061127

Mum in the City

So Mum paid me a visit again, aboot 2 years after the previous. She got around pretty well and saw quite a lot, despite a painful hip problem.

One night Jacqui, Andrea, and us enjoyed the free MoMA, a dinner nearby, and finished with swanky drinkies in TimeWarner Center's Mandarin Oriental Hotel, somewhere above the 30th floor. Nice views of the Central Park were observed. And I like my new camera, which allows for long exposures with small aperture, as seen here in MoMA and Whiskey pictures...

Here Mum poses along some really quaint townhouses on E 36th, after visiting the very pleasant Morgan Library & Museum. That's the former mansion of Morgan (of the JPMorganChase fame), with his Grand Olde personal library by McKim, and brand-spanking new addition by Renzo Piano... If I had millions, I'd build be a nice library, too :)


Here Mum tells (yet another ;) story to Anna & Yucca, during a dinner at Casa Marco. Those are indeed chairs they're sitting on; in a rare concession to practical realities, I borrowed a couple of 'em from my neighbor. I should return them already (she was out of town last week), they're cluttering my space and cramping my style ;D
Thanks for the visit, and I'll see you again next year.
Meanwhile, Happy Holidays!

mb

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mum says: A good visit, great people and fun memories!

8:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home