20060303

Aw crap, fucked up me knee pretty good!
There are large tears in the menisci, and a complete ACL tear. What this means is that without surgery, I could never play ultimate, or ski, because the knee just wouldn't be stable. And since that sounds dull, and I have good insurance, what the hell, let's have Reconstructive Surgery! It involves a 'pre-owned' ACL (allograft) from some donor. The doctor even assured me that it wouldn't be chopped off of some unlucky stiff at the local morgue! For those who want to see what a "ACL reconstruction with allograft" looks like, clicky here; (go to 'Knee' and then 'Torn ACL' and then 'Allograft').
Whee, looks like fun! But then again, with a few months of physiotherapy etc, I should be able to hit the slopes again next winter ;) Meanwhile, you all go out and play a good game & ski a good run, for me!

More later...

mb

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad luck! Do not worry about the implant, the Columbian ones are usually high-quality and from young platf... er, I mean donors.

Good luck you have good insurance. I hope the surgery will go well.

PS: Ask for some electronic implants, while you are at it. Being cyborg = being popular.

5:35 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I was kinda hopin' for a state-of-the-Art titanium joints 'n all, but I guess it ain't that bad, so I'll just get some illegal Rio-Grade-crossin' punk's cartilage. Better luck next time, eh?

10:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home