20071008

AluPoni

After a few months of slowly gathering parts, grinding down the alu frame etc, my new bike is finally ready to roll:

In the beginning it probably looked something
like this. Ebu bought it in Oz around 2000

And now it looks more like this. I completely
overhauled the drivetrain, to make it a single-
gear all-weather drive (not a fixie, but a
free-wheeled single)

The said single-speed, 42/16 drivetrain

The Surly flip-flop hub. Which means I can
'flop' the hub over so that the fixie cog you can
see behind the spokes will become the back
cog, making the drive-train a fixie. It's OK,
I know how to handle one, and this one's got
two brakes, anyway

The front chainwheel and the chain are
specifically for single-gear use. Multi-speed
chainwheels have asymmetrical teeth for
lifting and lowering the chains, but here
there was no need for none of that.

I happened to have some bling laying about,
so I pimped my ride with some bad-ass
skulls

And here's the bike with all the bells, blinks
and fenders, ready for some year-round action.
C'mon, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home